четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

canandaigua school website




Words that come to mind are: victory, battle, giants, mountains, heroes, conquer, perseverance .

Iapos;m talking about the situation you find yourself in when your mind *and* body say NO but doing it anyway.

It is one thing to overcome your negative voices, your fears and excuses and quite another to overcome your bodyapos;s natural signs and symptoms of extreme stress.

It is a test of courage.

During my training days with Aly I push myself hard enough that I become light-headed, neaseous, my lungs burn and of course, my muscles turn to mush.
My body is under incredible stress and my brain doesnapos;t interpret it as "good" yet just "how the fuck to I get out of this hell".
At first, before my sessions, I would start to physically panic. I couldnapos;t believe it
(I would like to know how closely these reactions resemble physical distress in a negative connotation. For instance, am I physiologically reacting the same way at the gym as I would in a fight?)

But now I donapos;t and this is exactly why I keep at it, because if I stop now then this is how far I can go and itapos;s not far enough.

If I stop at 5 push-ups I wonapos;t ever be able to do 10.

If I stop when my heart starts pounding and my skin becomes slick with sweat I will never have the strength to survive even a slight cardio infarction much less have the stamina to run for the bus if Iapos;m late.

If I stop now what else will I give up on?

I did stop, I stopped saying I canapos;t, I canapos;t because I CAN and I will......but it wonapos;t be pretty ;)

belgian blue bull, canandaigua school website, canandaigua schools, canandaigua schools ny, canandaigua schools.org, canandaigua speedway.



Комментариев нет: